Cyber Liability & Data Protection
Increased publicity around cyber attacks has brought heightened awareness of data privacy and cyber exposures. The numbers are alarming with more businesses than ever experiencing cyber crime with attacks also directed at SME’s.
Some of the common events that can result in a cyber claim include:
- A hack attack
- Breach of privacy
- Lost or stolen iPad or laptop
DUAL’s Cyber Liability and Data Protection policy provides the following key elements of cover:
- Third party claims – covers the insured’s liability to third parties from a failure to keep data secure, such as claims for compensation by third parties, investigations, defence costs and fines and penalties from breaching the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486)
- First party costs – reimburse the insured for the costs they would incur to respond to a breach, such as IT Forensic Costs, Credit Monitoring Costs, Public Relations Expenses and Cyber Extortion Costs (including ransom payments to hackers).
- Business interruption – this section provides reimbursement for the insured’s loss of profits resulting from the breach, as well as any additional necessary expenses it may need to incur to continue business as usual.
We have a broad underwriting appetite with most occupations able to be quoted either through our instant quotation ‘offer’ for revenue less than HKD$250M, or via our Underwriters for business in excess of this threshold.
What we can't do
- Adult Entertainment Industry
- Virtual Currency Exchange
- Virtual Currency Miner